If you’re looking for good, clean reads . . .
. . . especially if you’re a Christian homeschooler . . .
. . . Been there done that. 🙂 I homeschooled all the way up until college, and I remember looking around at the stacks of already-read (and re-read) books and wondering, Aren’t there more out there? It can be a struggle to find good stories that are also clean and well-written.
Welcome to our bookshelf, accumulated by myself and some of my trusted reader, writer, and librarian friends. It’s by no means exhaustive, but from our libraries to yours, here are our favorite books. 🙂 As you browse, please keep in mind a few things:
- We’ve done our best to rate each book in the criteria we homeschoolers look for: if the story is good, if the writing is good, and if the book is clean. (If a book doesn’t have ratings, it’s because I don’t remember enough to rate it specifically, though I do remember it being a good read.)
- Each book has been placed in an age group based on its independent reading level. Of course, higher-level books can be read aloud to younger or lower-level children, at the parents’ discretion.
- There is some crossover between age groups (and genres within groups). That’s unavoidable. But we’ve done our best to place books according to character age, language complexity, themes, and content.
- Questions about a book? Let us know! We’re always happy to talk books! 🙂
- Keep checking back — we’ll be adding books to all groups and genres as we read them.
- If you have recommendations, please reach out! We’re always happy to add more books to our TBR lists! 🙂