My name is Melissa, and I’m a multi-genre writer, voracious reader, and big dreamer from small-town New Jersey. I homeschooled all the way through and attended college at Maranatha Baptist University in Wisconsin, graduating in 2018 with a bachelor’s degree in English and a minor in Spanish. I’m about to start studying for my master’s in TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) at The College of New Jersey.
When I’m not working or studying, you can predictably find me reading a book, playing piano, helping at my church, hanging out with friends (in English or Spanish), or working on my four-book fantasy series. I’m fluent in Spanish and dream of returning to Spain to teach English. (I spent time there in 2015 and 2016 and fell in love with the people, the culture, and the places–not to mention the chocolate.)
If you have any questions for me or would like to learn more about my books, please feel free to contact me. I would love to hear from you!
Here are some random facts if you’d like to learn more about the writer:
- Favorite movies: Lord of the Rings, Rogue One, Courageous, The Dark Knight trilogy, Beauty and the Beast, Kate and Leopold, Pete’s Dragon, BBC’s Sherlock, Sue Thomas, F.B.Eye
- Favorite authors: Megan Whalen Turner, J.R.R. Tolkien, C. S. Lewis, John Flanagan, Shannon Hale, Markus Zusak, William Shakespeare, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Favorite snacks: dark chocolate, white cheddar cheezits, chips and salsa
- Favorite beverages: herbal teas (because you can’t get Spanish chocolate in the US)
- Favorite animals: cats, horses, rabbits, otters
- Favorite composers: John Williams, J. S. Bach, Howard Shore, Kyle Landry, Joaquín Rodrigo, Audiomachine
- Former/future lives: FBI agent, actress, martial artist
- Favorite Bible verse: Isaiah 55:8-9, “‘For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,’ says the LORD. ‘For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.'”